First impressions are lasting, so start with your foyer or entrance hall and focus on lighting for a terrific visual effect. You will probably need two or three lights either round or pendant hanging at different heights, and if the area is too small add a large mirror at the end wall to reflect the lighting and make space look larger. Add an antique console or table to the hall, and that is all you need.
OPEN PLAN DESIGN (Thi công nội thất)
- To create the desired impact an open plan design is best, if you are planning to sell your house it will attract families who find the space much more usable in open-plan form as it appears more spacious than it is.
- The lighting should be eye-catching with a crystal chandelier or a crystal lamp. For the rest of the lighting use discretely placed downlights.
- Add some shine, brass trays, or some stainless steel, perfect in the kitchen area to have all appliances and splashback stainless steel and gleaming.
- Plants will make your home look great, and at the moment Fiddle Leaf Figs are very popular and do well in pots, requiring minimal attention. If you have the room place one in the entrance foyer. Buy some smaller green plants to go around the room and purify the air.
- Buy an antique clock, clocks bring the past and present together.
- Keep your palette neutral as you will be able to place quite a few artworks around the walls. At the moment many people are using American Antique White paint which gives a bright clean look to walls and woodwork.
- Put embossed wallpaper on one wall, this makes a good focal point and adds layers of warmth.
- When choosing Thiết kế nội thất artwork scour the markets and second-hand shops, Go to the council cleanups as it is amazing what people throw out especially deceased estates, and garage sales, see what you can find for your walls. You will want some eco-friendly pieces which will be cost-effective.
- Focus on some good pieces of furniture, a beautiful couch, and a coffee table, maybe a zigzag table for the center of the room that is eye-catching.
- If you want to spend a lot, a Lalique coffee table will look amazing. If you want a budget solution buy an old chest and use the top as a coffee table, store magazines inside it.
- Invest in an antique coat rack, (hall stand) as they are narrow and will fit in the foyer, they are useful pieces as visitors can hang up their coats as they come in the door.
- You will need some attractive chairs in your open-plan space with lovely patterned textiles, fabric can make the room look warmer. You want the pretty seating to be near your entrance so the guests will see it as they arrive. If you can afford to have a few bespoke pieces of furniture in your home it will make a subtle difference to the look.
- Put the TV up on a wall bracket, then it is out of the way.
- Pick some silver and gold photo frames for your prized family photos, and distribute them around the room.
- If you have built on to your home or designed the room, you will probably have beautiful hardwood flooring. Once again classic flooring is always a good investment. When stained and ready for use this can look amazing.
- For cooler weather invest in a good wool rug that will make the room look warmer and give it a glow in the cold months. With your neutral pallet, the right rug can really lift a room.
REFLECTION AND AFFORDABLE DESIGN
- Once again increase the size of the open plan area with a mirror, if strategically placed it can bring the outside in and make the room look bigger and lighter.
- Pay special attention to your window covers and blinds. Not only should they look beautiful, but provide protection from the elements. Full Automation
is now popular where you press a button and close the blinds.
Your home is your sanctuary, and there is so much that can be done to make it totally beautiful, once you start it is hard to stop as decorating and renovating become addictive and can add so much value to your home.